- Basic principles of chemistry to explain the properties of matter
- Basic principles of physics to explain natural phoenmena
- Environmental issues
- Designing and carrying out experiments
- The application of science in society and its impact on society.
- For completion of assignments and class work only.Some activities may require preparation outside class time
- Practical reports.
- Group work and presentations, assignments, tests and research tasks field trips
Students have said:
- "A great break from my pre-tertiary subjects as it is more practical."
- "Great fun!"