- Microphone Types & Placement
- Sound Environment
- Legal Issues
- Workplace Health & Safety (WH&S)
- Editing Processes
- Client Needs
- Stereo & Multi-track Recording
- Sound Reinforcement Tasks
- Mixing, Editing & Mastering
- Sound for Vision
- Radio Advertisements
- Class activities and projects assessed by teacher
- Recommended 1 hour a week for revision
- Outside class time to complete audio projects
- No experience required
- Contains both theoretical and practical aspects
- Pathway into UTAS Music Technology Projects
Students have said:
- "I now understand that there is so much more to the music industry than just recording things."
- "It takes a lot of time and effort to create good recording of a song."
- "It takes a lot of time, planning and patience to run a live gig."