- Students study cells, biochemicals, the systems of organisms and immunology
- Class activities and assignments
- Practical reports
- An essay
- Unit tests
- Externally set and marked end of year exam
- 2-4 hours a week consolidating the information delivered in class, completing assignments and preparing for tests.
- Students need a global understanding of biology at a chemical, cellular and organism level to succeed.
- Organisation of notes is very important.
Students have said:
- "Don't leave assignments until the last minute."
- "Ask for help early in the year."